Wednesday 4 May 2016

Swedish Glace Strawberry Choc Ice

Kiddo has always loved Swedish Glace ice cream. Having had the odd sneaky lick (I can get away with that much), I can understand why. It's a great sub for normal ice cream. Several friends and family members have 'resorted' to eating it at times and have been pleasantly surprised - not least by it's price, as many free from products can be quite pricey.

Kiddo is a particular fan of their chocolate flavour, which I am very pleased to report is finally back in the shops - we recently got some from Waitrose. However, Kiddo was over the moon when she discovered the latest addition to their range.

Et voila!

Dairy Free Choc Ice - what a sight for sore eyes!


Yes! I know! A dairy free choc ice!! Huzzah! Hurrah! And Hallelujah!




What's in them?

Well soya for a start, so boo hoo, no good for me! But they are gluten free and appear to be nut free as well!! At the moment they only come in strawberry flavour. 

Ingredients:

Water, Sugar Vegetable Oils (palm, coconut, rapeseed), Dextrose, Soya Bean Powder, Strawberries, Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder, Emulsifiers (mono- and di- glcerides of fatty acids, citric acid esters of mono- and di- glycerides of fatty acids, sunflower lecithin), Salt, Stabilisers (locust bean gum, guar gum, carageenan, pectin), Red Beetroot Juice Concentrate, Flavouring, Acidity Regulator (citric acid).

Also suitable for Vegetarians.


Where can you buy them?

Although initially just available in Sainsbury's, I've also spotted them in Waitrose and Tesco - so they're fairly widely available.


What to look out for

How much??

For a pack of five mini-Magnum sized choc ices, it will cost you £3.00 in Sainsbury's and just under that, at £2.99 in Tesco, and similar in Waitrose.

Are they worth it?? I'd say so!!


Update:

A vanilla version is now also available - £2.99 at Tesco, £3.32 with Ocado.




Please note: 

This post is not an advert. I have not been paid to write this post. I am not sponsored in any way, even by advertising. I do not receive products free to review, although I have often been offered them. This is to try and maintain an unbiased approach. All views expressed are my own (unless I've asked for The Hub's or Kiddo's).


Similar Posts:










No comments:

Post a Comment